FAQs / Glossary
- What is key-alike?
- This means you can have any locks keyed to a single key. This makes your bunch of keys much smaller, and alleviates "murphys law" of always
picking the incorrect key for the door you're at. Even window and shed locks can be keyed-alike for your convenience.
- Can I buy a complete set of locks for my new house?
- Yes, we supply a wide range of domestic locks options to suit all applications. We carry Lockwood, Nidus, Carbine and Brava just to mention
a few. From the ultra modern, to the standard entrance set, we carry it all.
- Do you cut late model car keys?
- Our computerised machinery is continually being updated to allow us to cut and program keys (either in store, or in your vehicle on site) for
many of the newest model cars on the market. This can often save you hundreds of dollars by not having to back to the manufacturer for
genuine parts. Some of our keys and transponders are genuine parts, but in most cases the aftermarket versions are fully guaranteed and
much more cost effective.
- Can I get a remote control for my roller door or car?
- We carry a huge range of garage door and vehicle remote controls. These come complete with very simple programming instructions. Should you
require extra assistance, (for a small fee) one of our experienced team can visit your home or car and program the new remote for you.
We also carry a multi purpose programmable remote which can be set up to work with numerous different aftermarket systems.
- How much notice do you require for a full house rekey job?
- More often than not we can supply a qualified locksmith to complete your works on the day of your enquiry. Worst case scenario would still
be within 24 hours. If the job is urgent, we will be there. The nature of our industry requires us to be extremely flexible.
- What happens if I lock myself out of my house or car when you are closed?
- We have a complete 24 hour 7 day a week after hours call out service. Simply call our normal shop number 03 5480 1750 and the phone will divert
to our on call locksmith. Anywhere, anytime we will attend to your needs.
- Do you offer quotations?
- Yes, we will send one of our friendly staff members to you home or business to offer you any advice you require, and supply you with a written
quotation for any products from our wide range of options.